The Team in Turkey
(February 5 - March 22, 2000)
February 5, 2000: You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello: The Trek Hits Turkey
February 9, 2000: Gods and Monsters in Turkey!
- Merhaba Turkey!
- At last we meet! Hello Andrew
- Rhymin' Brian joins the trek
- Kevin bids the team farewell!
February 12, 2000: Turkey Through the Ages: The Team Tells the Tale
- Here, chimera, chimera, chimera!
- WWF Smackdown in Turkey!
- The Fertile Crescent - the first supermarket!
- If it's East - it must be Spring!
February 16, 2000: We're walking on history!!!
- Whose temple is it anyway?
- Sit tight, here come the Hittites
- How the Lycians lost their lease
- Turkey's prehistoric city of "firsts"
- Pondering the many marvels of mighty Miletus
February 19, 2000: Stories of Recent Tragedy and Ancient Majesty
- No place to learn, no place to hide
- What do you do when there's no school?
- In the beginning religion was all about One Love
February 23, 2000: From Santa to Shadow Puppets - Turkey's full of cultural delights!
- Life for kids after the quake...
- Searching for survivors
- You're one is six billion! So, what are you going to do about it?
- Aya Sophia, the old lady of Istanbul
- Meet the Doctor of the Gladiators
February 26, 2000: Impressions of Turkey, Past and Present
- The Lowdown on the Ho-meister!
- Call me Izmir?
- Life without unions was dangerous!
- The struggle to adapt to "temporary" environments
- A dream starts in one place and lands in another
March 1, 2000: Conquerors, Concubines and Rappin' Poets Liven up Turkey
- Turkey boasts great hosts (and hostesses)...
- The bustle of Istanbul
- Bound for Sultanahmet
- In times of love and war: Kutayha
March 4, 2000: From the Everyday to the Bazaar, Turkey's Wonders Are Revealed
- I'm a writer, not a rapper!
- Care to be a conquering stud?
- Them domes gonna rise again!
- Sultans of Shame!
March 8, 2000: The Power of Words, People and History in Turkey
- Spices, nuts and everything under the sun
- Mineral, milk, or marshmellow, you decide!
- The harbor at the heart of the city
- Ancient cities beneath the earth
- A sultan is born
- Trekking to Troy
March 11, 2000: Dance, Destruction, and Dreams: The Final Days in Turkey
- All we need is loveŠLoveŠLOVE!
- One Turk: NOT shaken, NOT stirred
- Just call him "Smartypants!"
- Time to hip-shop!
March 15, 2000: The Birth of a New Turkish Nation
- Anatolian students get footloose!
- Facing up to our fears
- Hospitality at its finest
- Shrouded in red tape, the Team readies for Iran...
- Dreams from devastation: recovering in Turkey
March 18, 2000: From the Feast to the Fight: Views and Voices of Turkey's Mainstream and Margins
- And this is the house that Turk built...
- No "Get Out Of Jail Free" cards!
- There's still a lava living to do
- I am Kurdish, HEAR ME ROAR!
March 22, 2000: The Changing Face of Turkey
- Isolating the Outsider
- World Famous Turkish Delights!
- The Politics of Genocide?
- Come for the pilgrimage, stay for the sales!
- Bursting at the seams with human beings!
- School's out for good!
- Prisoner of crime... or wealth?
- No more 'Mr. Bad Guy!'
Time Machine | Multimedia and Special Guests
Home | Search | Teacher Zone | Odyssey Info